Monday 15 February 2016

A Change From Within





Once so happy to see a new face
Now terrified of what you might say

Once filled with an overwhelming joy to see you
Now filled with absolute dullness

I once wasn’t afraid to express myself
Now I’m afraid to tell

I could never find the tears to express myself
Now I fight to keep them from rolling down my cheeks

I always put on a brave face for another
Now I’m afraid of unveiling myself

I don’t know who I am anymore
Trapped between who I was and who I’m turning out to be

Insecurity surrounds me at every turn
Something in is dying
I just don’t know what it is yet

Lord, help me for I feel far
This struggle within me I can no longer harness

I’m losing control, I cannot contain;
The person I’m becoming

Teach me and guide me Lord
To be the person You want me to be.


-Hally-


No comments:

Post a Comment